27.5.09

Easter at the Race Track

Sort of a weird angle and the horses are far away, but there they are...
In the stands having a snack between races
Isabella at the races

We spent Easter Day at the Fairyhouse Race Track. Apparently it is a big day for families to go to the races, so we thought we'd check it out. It was a beautiful sunny day and the place was very exciting. I thought people were very dressed up for a horse race, but I guess I just wasn't cultured in this event. Dresses, fancy bags and 5 inch heels is the attire, so now I know and next time I won't be in jeans and a hoodie :) We did some betting and ended the day with a small amount of winnings, enough to cover our drinks and have some to take home. Not too bad for rookies. The kids really enjoyed being outside and watching the horses. Isabella cheered for the pink horse every time. They had bounce houses set up for the kids, food vendors, and picnic areas by the track. We had a good time and will be going to more races soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suzi!!!! It's Pauline. Have you forgot about me?? I have e-mailed you several times. Get in touch when you can. Also women always dress to the nines at horse races, I have never been but I see them on t.v. next time google attire when you are going somewhere new, Take care.

    ReplyDelete