4.2.09

Today's Buzz

Finally! A nice day! After four days of totally bizarre weather, it is sunny and clear. I always thought Michigan had crazy weather, but it is way more unpredictable here. The weather will change every 10-20 minutes. For example, the past four days have started out with some drizzle and then a cold breeze will go across the country and it will turn the rain to big snow flakes, about 15 minutes later the air will begin to warm and the snow turns to hail, ten more minutes and warmer still, we get sleet until it's back to rain and then just to give us some hope the sun will pop out for about 10 minutes. And don't let me forget to mention the gales (super strong winds) that make it impossible to walk without leaning forward as if pushing open a heavy door. And then it repeated this cycle all day for four days!
So with the terrible weather, we have barely left the house. Poor Eric has no other choice than to ride his bike 2 miles to the train station in the nasty rain, sleet, hail, snow and gales. But the kids and I certainly haven't left the house. We were getting pretty low on groceries too. I was glad to see the sun today. We went to the grocery store right away just in case it was teasing us again.
Isabella got sick Friday night and woke us up at midnight because she threw up in her bed. Nasty! After we cleaned up everything I got her a bucket and she proceeded to wake up every half hour until 5 in the morning. She seemed okay the next 2 days, just low key with not much of an appetite. Then on Sunday night she threw up again! Just once this time and she felt fine on Monday. I'm happy to say that she seems to have gotten her appetite back today and has been eating non-stop and is back to full energy.
Nolan is doing fine, he's been working so hard to copy what we say and do. Especially what Isabella does. He knows what he wants, but of course he isn't quite able to express this yet. He can throw a pretty good tantrum to tell us how frustrated he is at our stupidity. I mean really...who wouldn't know that "yeah yeah" accompanied with an open hand and jumping up and down means "I really want the raisins that are in the cupboard in the other room please." It's most fun when he successfully communicates what he's thinking or what he wants. We all give a little cheer, but his is the biggest cheer and dance of all. He's very expressive, so one never has to guess how he's feeling.
I am slowly meeting people in the community. I found a great playgroup that meets at the community center for two hours on Monday and Friday every week. There are a lot of mums and kids that are the same ages as Isabella and Nolan, so I'm sure I'll be making some good friends soon. I also found a competitive volleyball team to play with. Hopefully, I can start practicing with them next week and hopefully they are good. Ha ha.
Well, that's all the news for now. I think I could really get into the blogging business. I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear everything is going well. Sorry to hear about Isabella's tough nights, poor baby! That's great the playgroup meets so often, makes the day go by. I really miss you!

    ReplyDelete