I can't believe this is our second Christmas in Ireland. Even though last year we had just moved in and barely got a tree up :) It was a great Christmas because Eric's family was able to come over to celebrate with us. It was nice to have family here for our first Christmas away from home. We are definitely missing all of our family this year. Unfortunately, we can't make it home for Christmas this year. So we are going to have a quiet and intimate family Christmas. The kids have been practicing waking up early the last few days so I am sure we will be up bright and early to see what Santa brought. This is the first year that Isabella is really understanding the story of Santa and the pure excitement of getting presents while you're sleeping. She has made an embarrassingly long list for Santa by cutting out pictures from the toy catalog and pasting them on some paper. I guess we'll see what he decides to bring her. Nolan is doing surprisingly well at leaving the tree alone and has only tried to open one present so far. There are a few presents from mommy and daddy under the tree now and he got just one side of Isabella's present open. Anyways, I think we are all set for Christmas. The day after our Thanksgiving we picked out our tree and decorated it. The kids were such a big help, they really enjoyed hanging the ornaments on. I barely got to do anything :) But the bottom half of the tree was very well decorated. We are all looking forward to Christmas even though it will be tough to be away from all of our family and friends. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a great holiday season. Merry Christmas!
21.12.09
Christmas Preparations
I can't believe this is our second Christmas in Ireland. Even though last year we had just moved in and barely got a tree up :) It was a great Christmas because Eric's family was able to come over to celebrate with us. It was nice to have family here for our first Christmas away from home. We are definitely missing all of our family this year. Unfortunately, we can't make it home for Christmas this year. So we are going to have a quiet and intimate family Christmas. The kids have been practicing waking up early the last few days so I am sure we will be up bright and early to see what Santa brought. This is the first year that Isabella is really understanding the story of Santa and the pure excitement of getting presents while you're sleeping. She has made an embarrassingly long list for Santa by cutting out pictures from the toy catalog and pasting them on some paper. I guess we'll see what he decides to bring her. Nolan is doing surprisingly well at leaving the tree alone and has only tried to open one present so far. There are a few presents from mommy and daddy under the tree now and he got just one side of Isabella's present open. Anyways, I think we are all set for Christmas. The day after our Thanksgiving we picked out our tree and decorated it. The kids were such a big help, they really enjoyed hanging the ornaments on. I barely got to do anything :) But the bottom half of the tree was very well decorated. We are all looking forward to Christmas even though it will be tough to be away from all of our family and friends. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a great holiday season. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment